Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Forum? [Please Read]

God
    Go fuck yourself.

Thanks

Re: New Forum? [Please Read]

sounds good....what about a "quick reply" at the bottom of the thread?

Commander
    This user has no status.

Thanks
    Fav Song
    Tha Mobb
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter II
    Fav Mixtape
    Da Drought 3

I'm not sure if I already posted this, but I know that some members a while back were wondering about setting up a reputation system for the forums. This is a great idea and could help bring the community closer together. Good news is, vBulletin features a very good reputation system that can be customized and has many different possibilities.

One thing I noticed on another forum I go on (MLG) is that it has an excellent system for reputation. They have it set-up so you have to have a certain amount of rep to give out rep back. For example, let's say you are a veteran member with a lot of reputation on this site and you think someone has a nice post (or bad), you would be able to give him negative reputation or positive reputation based on how you feel and you don't even have to leave your name or a comment (but you can).

If a member with no reputation (or little reputation) doesn't like a post he can still give some one positive or negative reputation, but it won't count. It would appear as a gray box rather than red/green. This stops people from making new accounts just to neg rep somebody. Also, you cannot give + or - reputation to the same member more than once within a certain period of time (a month?) or without spreading the reputation out to others.

Sorry for the long read, but it needed to be explained. Just one more reason to switch to vBulletin.

-Artille

Sergeant
    This user has no status.

Thanks

i will throw down if danny can make me a weezy general or veteran. that would be sick!
    he should make a thing that if people want to be weezy veterans or generals or something big to throw down like 10 or 15 bucks. that would probably generate alot of revanue for this site. cuz i know i would def pay for that. sorry i went a little off topic but yes i would donate to the cause

Commander
    This user has no status.

Thanks
    Fav Song
    Tha Mobb
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter II
    Fav Mixtape
    Da Drought 3

Quote Originally Posted by sdotwhiteman
    i will throw down if danny can make me a weezy general or veteran. that would be sick!
    he should make a thing that if people want to be weezy veterans or generals or something big to throw down like 10 or 15 bucks. that would probably generate alot of revanue for this site. cuz i know i would def pay for that. sorry i went a little off topic but yes i would donate to the cause
    There is the option to donate in your account, but Danny will be setting up a thread in this section I presume, possibly this weekend, who knows. I will be in contact with him tomorrow after school hopefully, and I will talk to him about a few things on the forums.

LilWayneHQ Godfather
    Renagade

Thanks
    Fav Song
    Misunderstood
    Fav Album
    C3
    Fav Mixtape
    D3

Quote Originally Posted by sdotwhiteman
    thats a good idea id be willing to help danny out with some $$$$

Captain
    This user has no status.

Thanks
    Fav Song
    Mr. Carter
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings

Just so everyone knows, your able to donate at anytime. Look for the little "Donation" widget on the blog for a link to paypal

ILL
    Sergeant
    IF U DON'T AGREE W/THEM, THEY
    PUT U IN THE RED ON HERE

Thanks

yup vbulletin is a better choice
    I'M FEMALE

Super Moderator
    This user has no status.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,321 Times in 1,808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Artille
    Hello fellow Wayne fans. Earlier today in the chat I ask what board [the people in the chat] preferred between phpBB and vBulletin. They really didn't give me a steady answer so that is why I am creating this thread. As this site grows, so does the need for change. I know I am not the administrator or anything, but it may be time for a better, more advanced forum.

phpBB is clearly the best FREE forum there is. It has a nice clean layout and it is easy to understand. While vBulletin on the other hand is also very clean and much more advanced. Unfortunately, with better quality comes a price ($250). Obviously that may be too much as of now, but I think if we set up a donations thread we could pull it off.

So let me get to the point. What do you guys feel would be the best choice for this site? If I setup a thread, would anyone donate toward the cause like everyone did 30M2NO? If we did upgrade forums which forum do you think we should change to?

I might get hate for this, but I am just trying to improve the site and its fan base.

Thank you for reading,
    Artille

----------

EDIT: I want everyone to respond to this. Whether you are a HQ veteran or a new member please post a response. All ideas are valid.
    PhpBB is very good for free forum software, and it's pretty good agaisn't hackers etc. However i agree, vBulletin is fucking awesome, so is IPB. But vBulletin is overall better, has so many more modifications, better skin layouts(which is defo something this forum/skin needs right now haha) It's not too complex to use the admin cp, nor install. I've played around with a nulled version a while back, so i'm all for a vbulletin board, i love them.

Also the customization and modifications it offers means we can have so many more features and great forum additions. There's so many good mods out there for vbulletins.

Soldier
    This user has no status.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dino
    A new forum would also be a perfect time to put together a new banner
    Co-Sign.. but instead we should have a contest with specific rules on the new banner. While Weezy's gone LilWayneHQ can blow up and keep him 'alive'.
    Free 30 Minutes to New Orleans

Soldier
    This user has no status.

Thanks

Whatever GrassCity Forums runs on...Use that.

Soldier
    doing your mom!

Thanks
    Fav Song
    Dontgetit
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings

I have mentioned vBulletin before on this forum, because vBulletin is so much better than phpBB, really. I support this idea completely.
    GOOD

ILL
    Sergeant
    IF U DON'T AGREE W/THEM, THEY
    PUT U IN THE RED ON HERE

Thanks

instead of donations. you should of found someone to partner with who could of provided the entire amount of money to upgrade to vb.
    I'M FEMALE

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast