Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: One report per topic

  1. #1
    Soldier
    doing your mom!
     
    Neroez's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 January 2010
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Fav Song
    Dontgetit
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings

    One report per topic

    Hi y'all.

    I think the fact that a topic can only be reported once is not really effective. If everyone can report every topic once you will see which topics need your attention more than others.

    What do you think?
    GOOD

  2. #2
    Commander
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    19 October 2009
    Location
    Near London, England
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: One report per topic

    No I don't like that idea lol Imagine one topic getting reported like 50 times it just takes up a lot of room and shit for us to look through and close all reports etc...

  3. #3
    Soldier
    doing your mom!
     
    Neroez's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 January 2010
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Fav Song
    Dontgetit
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings

    Re: One report per topic

    I did not know that you have to close all the reports one by one, I thought the system was a lot cleverer.
    The reports do not close if any action has been committed to the topic regarded in the report?
    GOOD

  4. #4
    Commander
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    19 October 2009
    Location
    Near London, England
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: One report per topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Neroez
    I did not know that you have to close all the reports one by one, I thought the system was a lot cleverer.
    The reports do not close if any action has been committed to the topic regarded in the report?
    It works like this.

    You click and report and it's stored with a list of all reports.

    We have things we can see that normal members can't. We can go to our Mod Control Panel and look at all reports that way, or the thread will be in a pinky red color so we know, then we can click a little and it shows the report. After that we handle it accordingly then have to click to close the report. Can't close them all at once. That help you understand it?

  5. #5
    Soldier
    doing your mom!
     
    Neroez's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 January 2010
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Fav Song
    Dontgetit
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings

    Re: One report per topic

    So you need to close all reports one by one? Yeah, in that case, it would be a big task to close all reports for only one post/topic.

    Aren't there any add-ons or plug-ins to change the housekeeping-panel, just like vBulletin?
    GOOD

  6. #6
    Commander
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    19 October 2009
    Location
    Near London, England
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: One report per topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Neroez
    So you need to close all reports one by one? Yeah, in that case, it would be a big task to close all reports for only one post/topic.

    Aren't there any add-ons or plug-ins to change the housekeeping-panel, just like vBulletin?
    You can close or delete all reports at once but the problem is you can't see what the report is until you click on it so you couldn't just say all to do with one thread will be the same thing so you'd have to close them individually after each one has been read etc... LOL

  7. #7
    Soldier
    doing your mom!
     
    Neroez's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 January 2010
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Fav Song
    Dontgetit
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings

    Re: One report per topic

    Quote Originally Posted by IgnoranceIsBliss
    Quote Originally Posted by Neroez
    So you need to close all reports one by one? Yeah, in that case, it would be a big task to close all reports for only one post/topic.

    Aren't there any add-ons or plug-ins to change the housekeeping-panel, just like vBulletin?
    You can close or delete all reports at once but the problem is you can't see what the report is until you click on it so you couldn't just say all to do with one thread will be the same thing so you'd have to close them individually after each one has been read etc... LOL
    Speaking about complicated systems!
    Is it possible to report two different posts in one topic? (Just wondering)
    GOOD

  8. #8
    Commander
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    19 October 2009
    Location
    Near London, England
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: One report per topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Neroez
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnoranceIsBliss
    Quote Originally Posted by Neroez
    So you need to close all reports one by one? Yeah, in that case, it would be a big task to close all reports for only one post/topic.

    Aren't there any add-ons or plug-ins to change the housekeeping-panel, just like vBulletin?
    You can close or delete all reports at once but the problem is you can't see what the report is until you click on it so you couldn't just say all to do with one thread will be the same thing so you'd have to close them individually after each one has been read etc... LOL
    Speaking about complicated systems!
    Is it possible to report two different posts in one topic? (Just wondering)
    Yes that is possible to do

  9. #9
    Soldier
    doing your mom!
     
    Neroez's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 January 2010
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Fav Song
    Dontgetit
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings

    Re: One report per topic

    Can't you change the functions within the panels? Is phpBB open-source?
    GOOD

  10. #10
    Commander
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    19 October 2009
    Location
    Near London, England
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: One report per topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Neroez
    Can't you change the functions within the panels? Is phpBB open-source?
    Questions that only Danny can be answering, he may have a look at this thread haha. But it's alright for now how reporting is dealt with

  11. #11
    Soldier
    doing your mom!
     
    Neroez's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 January 2010
    Location
    Tilburg, The Netherlands
    Posts
    491
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    Fav Song
    Dontgetit
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings

    Re: One report per topic

    You are probably right (I do not have any experience with the system), but it can always be better, right?
    GOOD

  12. #12
    Commander
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    19 October 2009
    Location
    Near London, England
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: One report per topic

    Quote Originally Posted by Neroez
    You are probably right (I do not have any experience with the system), but it can always be better, right?
    Yeah definately, anything from a webpage to software can always be improved, you can't ever design a perfect piece of work

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •