Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 43

Thread: Ressurection Thread?

  1. #1
    Soldier
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    18 February 2010
    Location
    Spaceship on Mars ..
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ressurection Thread?


    Okay, there's some threads (if people actually roam the trashbin) that are better, or were liver than some threads that's been here forever. So can we come up for a way to actually vote on a thread and we use it instead of a current one? Honestly good threads are being scooped away because of how recent they are, or because they're names isn't a sentence.. And IMO I like threads with nicknames and such because they are specific and easier search. It may draw more hype for future HQ fans. Just my oppinion..


    EDIT: My intentions for this idea was soley positive.. not to 'start' shit. (You know who I'm talking too)
    Free 30 Minutes to New Orleans

  2. #2
    Captain
    This user has no status.
     
    lovalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 January 2010
    Posts
    1,909
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    There are some threads i'd like back, which are you thinking of, this isnt a bad idea..but i know people will disagree saying they were locked for a reason

    "ashdgakg adwudgashdga askjdh how to love" lil wayne

  3. #3
    Soldier
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    18 February 2010
    Location
    Spaceship on Mars ..
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by lovalle
    There are some threads i'd like back, whick are you thinking of, this isnt a bad idea..but i know people will disagree saying they were locked for a reason

    Yeah I know, but that doesn't mean we don't have a better reason, or a reason to benefit the majority.
    I'm in favor of new fans and more people (especially for the chat room that's like a ghost town) I like this site honestly.
    And I like seeing people socialize in here. All knowing about the same stuff, and talking bout Wayne & shit.. etc..

    But I feel you on that subject.
    Free 30 Minutes to New Orleans

  4. #4
    General
    I'm me, bitch.
     

    GypsyStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    15 June 2009
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    5,208
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 170 Times in 126 Posts
    Fav Song
    DaDaDa/I Feel Like Dyin
    Fav Album
    Rebirth
    Fav Mixtape
    No Celings

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    Can you say that another way? B/c im really not understanding that at all for some reason. slowment.
    http://www.iamshanell.com
    LOG ON AND GET INTO IT!!!!

  5. #5
    Soldier
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    18 February 2010
    Location
    Spaceship on Mars ..
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyStar
    Can you say that another way? B/c im really not understanding that at all for some reason. slowment.

    Few of My Reasons:

    -Some threads in the trashbin had more recent posts then some now
    -If names look a like, but have different meaning or descriptions.. it should be kept
    -Some threads now.. have 'hard to search for' names, thus the 'spamming threads issue'
    how many times we come across someone getting on someone else for making a clone thread,
    and they wouldn't even know it was a thread like that before
    Free 30 Minutes to New Orleans

  6. #6
    LilWayneHQ Godfather
    XO 'til we Overdose
     

    Franknstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 October 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,266
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 681 Times in 514 Posts
    Fav Song
    This What I Call Her.
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter II.
    Fav Mixtape
    Dedication 2.

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    To sum up you want some locked threads back so HQ isnt as boring




  7. #7
    Soldier
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    18 February 2010
    Location
    Spaceship on Mars ..
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Franknstein
    To sum up you want some locked threads back so HQ isnt as boring
    Pretty much..
    There's very little talk anymore.

    But like I said, these are just my views.
    Free 30 Minutes to New Orleans

  8. #8
    LilWayneHQ Godfather
    XO 'til we Overdose
     

    Franknstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 October 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,266
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 681 Times in 514 Posts
    Fav Song
    This What I Call Her.
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter II.
    Fav Mixtape
    Dedication 2.

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    [quote=InKredible.]
    Quote Originally Posted by "EC_Franknstein":35wzpq8i
    To sum up you want some locked threads back so HQ isnt as boring
    Pretty much..
    There's very little talk anymore.

    But like I said, these are just my views.[/quote:35wzpq8i]
    Ok talk to the mods about which thread, coz some threads were indeed locked for a reason
    But props for the idea




  9. #9
    Commander
    This user has no status.
     

    Artille's Avatar
    Join Date
    16 June 2009
    Location
    Pinellas Park, FL
    Posts
    3,332
    Thanks
    523
    Thanked 351 Times in 187 Posts
    Fav Song
    Tha Mobb
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter II
    Fav Mixtape
    Da Drought 3

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Franknstein
    To sum up you want some locked threads back so HQ isnt as boring
    I'm pretty sure you hit the bullseye with that summary, but let me dig deeper into his last post to tell you why some threads (if not all) in the Trash Bin shouldn't be revived.

    Quote Originally Posted by InKredible.
    Few of My Reasons:

    -Some threads in the trashbin had more recent posts then some now
    -If names look a like, but have different meaning or descriptions.. it should be kept
    -Some threads now.. have 'hard to search for' names, thus the 'spamming threads issue'
    how many times we come across someone getting on someone else for making a clone thread,
    and they wouldn't even know it was a thread like that before
    1. Your first point is not a very good one. Of course they had more recent posts than some now because some threads are dead. A dead thread isn't necessarily a bad thread though. If a topic is sent to the Trash Bin, there was probably a really good reason that it was moved.

    2. Well the names can be changed and if I wasn't so lazy I would change some thread names in my section, but that is a lot of work. I could probably change some of the important ones like "Top 5 Wayne Songs", but in the end it will be buried and duplicated anyways. Lets be honest, not that many people truely search the forums. Or they don't know exactly how to search to get the best results.

    3. I know this happens a lot, but in the future maybe people shouldn't get on someone about making a clone. Maybe the person who has realized it is the same or identical to another thread could just dig up the original thread and post it. When searching make sure you search for topics only and for keywords that were in that thread name.

  10. #10
    Soldier
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    18 February 2010
    Location
    Spaceship on Mars ..
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    [quote=Artille]
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Franknstein
    To sum up you want some locked threads back so HQ isnt as boring
    I'm pretty sure you hit the bullseye with that summary, but let me dig deeper into his last post to tell you why some threads (if not all) in the Trash Bin shouldn't be revived.

    Quote Originally Posted by "InKredible.":2nr7nuqm
    Few of My Reasons:

    -Some threads in the trashbin had more recent posts then some now
    -If names look a like, but have different meaning or descriptions.. it should be kept
    -Some threads now.. have 'hard to search for' names, thus the 'spamming threads issue'
    how many times we come across someone getting on someone else for making a clone thread,
    and they wouldn't even know it was a thread like that before
    1. Your first point is not a very good one. Of course they had more recent posts than some now because some threads are dead. A dead thread isn't necessarily a bad thread though. If a topic is sent to the Trash Bin, there was probably a really good reason that it was moved.

    2. Well the names can be changed and if I wasn't so lazy I would change some thread names in my section, but that is a lot of work. I could probably change some of the important ones like "Top 5 Wayne Songs", but in the end it will be buried and duplicated anyways. Lets be honest, not that many people truely search the forums. Or they don't know exactly how to search to get the best results.

    3. I know this happens a lot, but in the future maybe people shouldn't get on someone about making a clone. Maybe the person who has realized it is the same or identical to another thread could just dig up the original thread and post it. When searching make sure you search for topics only and for keywords that were in that thread name.[/quote:2nr7nuqm]



    Yeah, but few of my threads were locked and I didn't even know. And one or two was locked why possibly was a good enough reason to lock this. And it was just one of my reasons, I think is good because the forums are on a death bed. And you know it.. A dead thread means hard to find, (as in sections not search bar) and less people waste their time commenting things untouched in ages..Means more dead threads, less people, and the only live thread I can think of are Rare Pics, What are You Currently Listening To, and What Lil Wayne Song you Currently listeing to..
    Free 30 Minutes to New Orleans

  11. #11
    LilWayneHQ Godfather
    XO 'til we Overdose
     

    Franknstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    27 October 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    12,266
    Thanks
    200
    Thanked 681 Times in 514 Posts
    Fav Song
    This What I Call Her.
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter II.
    Fav Mixtape
    Dedication 2.

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    Mods hes got a fair point all the spam threads are the live ones (like he sed what ur listening to etc)




  12. #12
    Soldier
    This user has no status.
     

    Join Date
    14 February 2010
    Location
    Waynes World
    Posts
    468
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Ressurection Thread?

    i dnt think threads like DIO7 should be locked cuz then u get another DIO7 thread. i mean the Officail DIO7 thread dissaperad to DIO7 is coming out, then No End to the Drought. Now thats locked and were gunna get a new one
    For All The People On LWHQ That Hate Me, I Dont Fault You, Cuz i Really Dont Care, I'm Not Here For Ya'll. So if Your Not Gunna Try To, Then Whatever You Say Or Think About Me Is Totally Casper The Friendly Ghost, Meaning It's Not Real To Me, It Never Happened.


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •