Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Tha Carter VI (Discussion Thread)

Major
    young angel, young lion

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,422 Posts
    Fav Song
    The Bad Side
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter 3
    Fav Mixtape
    Dedication 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockMeOut View Post
    Are you serious? lmao

20 albums. Ten people listening to one. 19 with one listener each. 29 People total. 10/29 are listening to one, 19 people aren't, majority of people aren't listening to it.

Anyway this is basically what I was tying to say... I mean if you add up all the individual listeners for albums released in the past year what percentage of global spotify users would it amount to?

Do they release unique listener numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by martian master View Post

i guess it could go both ways. 1a being what KMO meant and 1c being what I meant.
    The album the majority are listening to is album A. (per definition 1c)

and hmm no. they don't release unique listeners for albums. they do for artists though. monthly listeners. it includes featured tracks as well.

Lil Wayne has 22 Million monthly listeners. Young Thug (since he was talked about earlier) has 32 million.

I guess we can say a larger amount of Spotify users listen to Thug

While I do think Thug is more relevant than Wayne in 2020 I wouldn't only consider Spotify monthly listeners though. Tory Lanez has 26M and I don't think he's more relevant than Wayne (at least musically)
    Last edited by martian master; 10-01-2020 at 03:00 PM.

LilWayneHQ Godfather
    x

Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 815 Posts
    The album the majority are listening to is album A. (per definition 1c)

and hmm no. they don't release unique listeners for albums. they do for artists though. monthly listeners. it includes featured tracks as well.

Lil Wayne has 22 Million monthly listeners. Young Thug (since he was talked about earlier) has 32 million.

I guess we can say a larger amount of Spotify users listen to Thug

While I do think Thug is more relevant than Wayne in 2020 I wouldn't only consider Spotify monthly listeners though. Tory Lanez has 26M and I don't think he's more relevant than Wayne (at least musically)
    Yeah that's what I meant when I said "larger proportion". That definition is like a parliamentary majority rather than the most individuals lol.

I wonder how many of those 22 million monthly listeners are listening to Funeral and the recent features rather than older stuff(probably not most of them lol)

So there's really no way of telling if even most spotify users are predominantly listening to recent releases.

Lieutenant
    Let It All Work Out

Thanks
    Fav Song
    Good Poison
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter V
    Fav Mixtape
    D6/D6R
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockMeOut View Post
    Yeah that's what I meant when I said "larger proportion". That definition is like a parliamentary majority rather than the most individuals lol.

I wonder how many of those 22 million monthly listeners are listening to Funeral and the recent features rather than older stuff(probably not most of them lol)

So there's really no way of telling if even most spotify users are predominantly listening to recent releases.
    Most features are not counted in Spotify listener total. But more of waynes listeners are probably listening to C5 then anything else. then C4 next.
    If the feds bring me in I'll get the same time Gotti got.

PUSSY

LilWayneHQ Godfather
    x

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by when_it_snow_im_on_top View Post
    Most features are not counted in Spotify listener total. But more of waynes listeners are probably listening to C5 then anything else. then C4 next.
    I imagine it's spread throughout all his hits

Lieutenant
    I come from Mars but I act
    like I'm from the Planet of
    the Apes!

Thanks
    Fav Song
    Let It all Workout
    Fav Album
    CIII, CV
    Fav Mixtape
    DD3, C3 Sessions
    Lmao so what It has sold like double Funeral since. and in 2020 alone has sold more units than Funeral. Thug currently will outsell Wayne. This is facts.
    I think dude was saying legacy/impact wise thug won't be bigger than wayne, and was trying to use numbers as an example.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao wht has this thread become

I'm here for it though

Soldier
    This user has no status.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Mobb View Post
    I think dude was saying legacy/impact wise thug won't be bigger than wayne, and was trying to use numbers as an example.

- - - Updated - - -

lmao wht has this thread become

I'm here for it though
    nope he said sales

- - - Updated - - -

Goat thread

Captain
    Kidnap a nigga make him feel
    like a kid again

Thanks
    Fav Song
    South Muzik
    Fav Album
    C1,C2,C3,C5
    Fav Mixtape
    D1,D2,D6,DD3,Suffix
    i think whats hes trying to say is yes those are the most popular albums, but what would be higher, the total number of plays of new albums or the total number of plays of ALL old albums. like if there are 10 people listening to new albums lets say split between 3 albums so 3.3 each and there are 30 listening to old albums but split between like a 1000 so each album gets like .01 each, of course the 3.3 will have more but still the majority of people would be listening to older music. but there is higher concentration on the new albums.

- - - Updated - - -

dont know if this is true tho about the 10/40. it could be more 20/40. i really think it depends tho. alot of people only listen to music in car rides and the majority of the time its radio especially poeple 40 and up, but of old stations and whatnot. 20-35 prob on spotify and such and theres prob a lot who listen to new music just spread around. but idk. would need data on the amount of plays of albums by year released to see what year people are listening to.

most semi-big artists from back in the day, like the 90s are still getting 1,000,000 (gza, ghostface, juve (2mil) mase (1.5),or so plays and the goats of those eras (big, pac, snoop) are well over 10 mil. (big and pac 12 mil, snoop (20 mill)

in the 2000s, 50 cent still gets 16 mil and T.I gets 9.1 mil

to put this in perspective the biggest artists from this day (kendrick, cole, uzi) are all around 20 mill

now this excludes exceptions like drake and travis scott who are at 61 and 45 mil respectively

semi big artists today are 2-13 mill (yfn lucci, chance, earl, nba youngboy)

artists like wayne and kanye are 22 and 34 mil respectively but im sure without their recent releases they wouldnt be much lower than 18 mil and 30-32 mill

i guess it really comes down to the quanity of old artists and new artists. old music id say 2010 and before vs 2010 present. it may be that 2010 present has more but idk if by much and i could be wrong

and this is just rap, dont know the trends of other genres but i believe its similair. adele gets 22 mil britney spears gets 16. carrie underwood gets 6

chris brown gets 34 michael jackson gets 22 and chris has older music.

most anywhat relevant artists from back then with at least a couple hit are like at the lowest 500k (dj unk) and ranging around 1 mil (yung joc) most releavent artists from now with just one or two hits are anywhere from 1 mill to 5 (lil skies, blueface, ugly god etc.)

not sure what these numbers would add up to on a wider scale tho
    Last edited by jhoya101; 10-01-2020 at 06:22 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jhoya101 For This Useful Post:

Major
    young angel, young lion

Thanks
    Fav Song
    The Bad Side
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter 3
    Fav Mixtape
    Dedication 2
    Couldn't find the C5 thread so I guess I'll post C5 Deluxe sales here

Source
    It moved 23K this week

"Is that good or bad"
    Well, Carter V is a 2 year old album and did 23K as a deluxe. The same week, Bryson Tiller dropped a deluxe for his 5 year old album and did 21K. He also added less new songs.

Bryson Tiller Deluxe - 21K: 5 Year Old Album. 1 New Skit. 1 Old Song With A New Verse. 2 Old Songs.
    Lil Wayne Deluxe - 23K: 2 Year Old Album. 3 New Songs. 1 Old Song Re-Recorded. 3 Old Songs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to martian master For This Useful Post:

Soldier
    This user has no status.

Thanks

Source
    It moved 23K this week

"Is that good or bad"
    Well, Carter V is a 2 year old album and did 23K as a deluxe. The same week, Bryson Tiller dropped a deluxe for his 5 year old album and did 21K. He also added less new songs.

Bryson Tiller Deluxe - 21K: 5 Year Old Album. 1 New Skit. 1 Old Song With A New Verse. 2 Old Songs.
    Lil Wayne Deluxe - 23K: 2 Year Old Album. 3 New Songs. 1 Old Song Re-Recorded. 3 Old Songs.
    Didn’t even know Bryson Tiller dropped a deluxe. Can’t wait for @KnockMeOut @Lucifer @lilwayne-carter @YMCMB357 to blame Mack lmao

Major
    young angel, young lion

Thanks
    Fav Song
    The Bad Side
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter 3
    Fav Mixtape
    Dedication 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCityCM View Post
    Didn’t even know Bryson Tiller dropped a deluxe. Can’t wait for @KnockMeOut @Lucifer @lilwayne-carter @YMCMB357 to blame Mack lmao

Haha. I wouldn't say it was bad, I don't think it's good either. It's ok.

LilWayneHQ Godfather
    x

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewCityCM View Post
    Blame him for what?
    I guess it would have done more if they'd released it soon after the album but that was actually Wayne's decision.

But what is it about the idea of Wayne doing badly that makes you so excited?

Lieutenant
    I come from Mars but I act
    like I'm from the Planet of
    the Apes!

Thanks
    Fav Song
    Let It all Workout
    Fav Album
    CIII, CV
    Fav Mixtape
    DD3, C3 Sessions

Source
    It moved 23K this week

"Is that good or bad"

I can't believe it was close lmao

Then again, I myself wasn't really playing the deluxe, having out-played most of the songs already...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast