Page 1 of 357 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 4274

Thread: Tha Studio General Chat...

  1. #1
    D6D6D6D6
    fuck @sealneaward & any1
    that love him
     

    THA GR8 M8's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 April 2010
    Posts
    18,449
    Thanks
    1,685
    Thanked 5,121 Times in 2,865 Posts

    Tha Studio Index & Chat

    This thread is for anything that's not a physical song or video. I'm sure we're all getting tired of seeing pointless threads about recording equipment everyday, and other pointless threads. Discuss all of your equipment here, anything involving Tha Studio, and whatever you want. Most of y'all know how this works.
    Last edited by THA GR8 M8; 06-19-2012 at 02:30 PM.



    protect dunston at all costs

  2. #2
    Captain
    IM LIKE 5'6.....DICK 7''8
     

    YUNG DIEZEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    19 November 2009
    Location
    !! NEW YORK !!
    Posts
    1,759
    Thanks
    178
    Thanked 136 Times in 113 Posts
    Fav Song
    ALL MY SONGS
    Fav Album
    ALL MY ALBUMS
    Fav Mixtape
    ALL MY MIXTAPES

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    new songs cumming soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EVERYONE CHECK MY MUSIC OUT, AND PM ME IF U HAVE ANY REQUESTS AND INQUIRIES !!!!!


  3. #3
    D6D6D6D6
    fuck @sealneaward & any1
    that love him
     

    THA GR8 M8's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 April 2010
    Posts
    18,449
    Thanks
    1,685
    Thanked 5,121 Times in 2,865 Posts

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    Some of that other other shit y'all haven't heard yet. Ha!

    Swag Snippet



    protect dunston at all costs

  4. #4
    Captain
    HQ's resident weed head
     

    ScHeEzZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    22 October 2009
    Location
    chattanooga, tn.
    Posts
    1,838
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 104 Times in 91 Posts
    Fav Album
    section.80
    Fav Mixtape
    pabst & jazz

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    can i get some referrals for mics? like which do ya'll use, how do you like it, stuff like that.

    i'm looking for a moderately priced mic, i'm willing to spend a little over $100 on one, don't want to tie myself down with an expensive mic when i may want another one or may just dislike the one i buy. any help would be appreciated, fellas.
    http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
    if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

  5. #5
    D6D6D6D6
    fuck @sealneaward & any1
    that love him
     

    THA GR8 M8's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 April 2010
    Posts
    18,449
    Thanks
    1,685
    Thanked 5,121 Times in 2,865 Posts

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by ScHeEzZ View Post
    can i get some referrals for mics? like which do ya'll use, how do you like it, stuff like that.

    i'm looking for a moderately priced mic, i'm willing to spend a little over $100 on one, don't want to tie myself down with an expensive mic when i may want another one or may just dislike the one i buy. any help would be appreciated, fellas.
    Here's my set-up...

    Mic - Samson CO1U (USB). As far as I know, you can get this mic for like $80 online brand new. I got mine for $99 at my local music store because I didn't wanna worry about shipping and whatnot. Bought it in March I believe.
    Mic Stand - QuikLok A-300. Runs for around $30. Folds up nicely went you don't need it, and is pretty durable. Just picked this up last week. The mic I have and mentioned above comes with a desktop stand, but it got annoying after a bit.
    Pop Filter - Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On. Goes for around $15. Good pop filter in my opinion.
    Other - Foam Ball Windscreen. Picked this up at RadioShack like 2 years ago for like $5. I think it's kinda like a cheap pop filter replacement, but I use both my pop filter and this. I never really have to worry about small things picking up through my mic or my "S's" and etc picking up heavily.


    So all in all, it looks like my set-up is in your price range. You could always pick up the mic stand, or other accessories at a different time as well if needed. My mic is really good. I just need to work on my mastering/mixing more. Another good thing about this mic is that it comes with Cakewalk's Sonar recording and editing software. I personally don't like it, but you might. I decided to just stick with Mixcraft.


    Hope this helps.



    protect dunston at all costs

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to THA GR8 M8 For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Major
    U hated, now i Made it, lil
    Suckas i want Apologies!!
     

    BlakeJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    13 May 2011
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    4,195
    Thanks
    735
    Thanked 680 Times in 496 Posts
    Fav Song
    Do what you Do
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter II
    Fav Mixtape
    Dedication 2

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by THP850 View Post
    Here's my set-up...

    Mic - Samson CO1U (USB). As far as I know, you can get this mic for like $80 online brand new. I got mine for $99 at my local music store because I didn't wanna worry about shipping and whatnot. Bought it in March I believe.
    Mic Stand - QuikLok A-300. Runs for around $30. Folds up nicely went you don't need it, and is pretty durable. Just picked this up last week. The mic I have and mentioned above comes with a desktop stand, but it got annoying after a bit.
    Pop Filter - Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On. Goes for around $15. Good pop filter in my opinion.
    Other - Foam Ball Windscreen. Picked this up at RadioShack like 2 years ago for like $5. I think it's kinda like a cheap pop filter replacement, but I use both my pop filter and this. I never really have to worry about small things picking up through my mic or my "S's" and etc picking up heavily.


    So all in all, it looks like my set-up is in your price range. You could always pick up the mic stand, or other accessories at a different time as well if needed. My mic is really good. I just need to work on my mastering/mixing more. Another good thing about this mic is that it comes with Cakewalk's Sonar recording and editing software. I personally don't like it, but you might. I decided to just stick with Mixcraft.


    Hope this helps.
    where do you record? like in a bedroom or somethin?

  8. #7
    D6D6D6D6
    fuck @sealneaward & any1
    that love him
     

    THA GR8 M8's Avatar
    Join Date
    07 April 2010
    Posts
    18,449
    Thanks
    1,685
    Thanked 5,121 Times in 2,865 Posts

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeJay View Post
    where do you record? like in a bedroom or somethin?
    Usually in the middle of my room ha. I wanna invest in one of those like 260 degree sound wall things though in the future.



    protect dunston at all costs

  9. #8
    Lieutenant
    Ridin' wit tha MPC2500
     

    Tha Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 December 2009
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    828
    Thanks
    220
    Thanked 152 Times in 127 Posts

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    speaking of microphones, can anyone tell me who makes those microphones which have a small wall around the actual microphone which makes it sound proof without actually modifying the room which u record in

  10. #9
    Snowman99
    Suck It Bitch
     

    Young Corruption's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 June 2009
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 81 Times in 59 Posts

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Professor View Post
    speaking of microphones, can anyone tell me who makes those microphones which have a small wall around the actual microphone which makes it sound proof without actually modifying the room which u record in
    you talking about THIS its an attachment... thats the only thing i could find from what your talking about

  11. #10
    Lieutenant
    Ridin' wit tha MPC2500
     

    Tha Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    17 December 2009
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    828
    Thanks
    220
    Thanked 152 Times in 127 Posts

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Corruption View Post
    you talking about THIS its an attachment... thats the only thing i could find from what your talking about
    Thank u YC, that's exactly what i was looking for.

  12. #11
    Snowman99
    Suck It Bitch
     

    Young Corruption's Avatar
    Join Date
    21 June 2009
    Location
    san antonio
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 81 Times in 59 Posts

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Professor View Post
    Thank u YC, that's exactly what i was looking for.
    no problem man. i didn't know that exist but its looks badass and heard a lot of good reviews from other music forums

  13. #12
    Super Moderator
    This user has no status.
     

    Wisheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    09 September 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,954
    Thanks
    1,144
    Thanked 3,321 Times in 1,808 Posts

    Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

    You guys should head over to Freestyle Battles and Rap Battles at Lets Beef


Page 1 of 357 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •