Thread: Ziggy B - Ride Alone (prod. The Kid Frankie)

Captain
    Ziggy B

Thanks
    Fav Song
    3 Peat
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings

Ziggy B - Ride Alone (prod. The Kid Frankie)

This is an older one, so apologies if the mix isn't quite as crisp as the newer stuff. When I met my missus at work in 2016, I wrote and recorded this shit the next week haha. I gave it a slight lick of paint but y'know that way when you're SO over a song....saying that, it was the first time I ever went for the quicker flow and liked how it sounded, so it's a bookmark for me in a way. Let me know your thoughts folks

DUALITY
    #FREEVELVET

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,950 Posts
    Fav Song
    Scarface/Gossip
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III, C5
    Fav Mixtape
    Da Drought 3, D6
    this is really great overall a polished song the mix is a bit quiet but better then anything i could do regardless and still sounds high quality and well put together regardless i like how you transition to some singing vibes on the second half would like to hear you expand on that sound

overall a incredibly high quality song 9/10 biggest detractor being the mixing which even that is definitely passable and listenable so not a big deal

#FREEVELVET

Commander
    Kidnap a nigga make him feel
    like a kid again

Thanks
    Fav Song
    South Muzik
    Fav Album
    C1,C2,C3
    Fav Mixtape
    D1,D2,DD3,Suffix
    this is cool. i like the singing part and your voices. you sound pretty consistent too. and your flow is dope. fast but undertstandable

Soldier
    This user has no status.

Thanks
    Fav Song
    Go DJ
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings
    I like this man, honestly, them melodies in the second verse really put it together, not much I can say tbh beside good job bro

Sergeant
    hello world

Thanks
    Fav Song
    Scarface
    Fav Album
    Rebirth
    Fav Mixtape
    Tha Drought 3
    damn cuz. ziggy killing shit . i fux with this damn chief. this some fire you cooked up here. i like your style its super authentic and professional. 5/5 im zoning to this . you remind me of drake a little just how you carry your vocals and how professional it sounds . damn now im listening to closure. this shit dope you deserve more views bro. you need to work on promo coz your art is tops bro

Captain
    Ziggy B

Thanks
    Fav Song
    3 Peat
    Fav Album
    Tha Carter III
    Fav Mixtape
    No Ceilings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmie View Post
    this is really great overall a polished song the mix is a bit quiet but better then anything i could do regardless and still sounds high quality and well put together regardless i like how you transition to some singing vibes on the second half would like to hear you expand on that sound

overall a incredibly high quality song 9/10 biggest detractor being the mixing which even that is definitely passable and listenable so not a big deal
    Appreciate that massively dude (whilst replying 10 months later lol), but you're absolutely right on the mix. The older stuff I was polishing like this track was building on a castle of sand a little. I think I need to learn to Master, I tweak all these little things in a mix and then ruin that a lil' by making it too quiet. Got a couple of singing tracks on the old SC (Closure and With a Lie), but its something I'll be doing more of moving forward brother.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoya101 View Post
    this is cool. i like the singing part and your voices. you sound pretty consistent too. and your flow is dope. fast but undertstandable
    Fast but understandable is the goal my brother, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenKING View Post
    I like this man, honestly, them melodies in the second verse really put it together, not much I can say tbh beside good job bro
    Thank you chief, just a short, simple burst of energy type of jam. Or marmalade, I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Phoenix View Post
    damn cuz. ziggy killing shit . i fux with this damn chief. this some fire you cooked up here. i like your style its super authentic and professional. 5/5 im zoning to this . you remind me of drake a little just how you carry your vocals and how professional it sounds . damn now im listening to closure. this shit dope you deserve more views bro. you need to work on promo coz your art is tops bro
    That's love Jim thank you, my 'promo' is non existent haha, I know that and regular releasing are key to making it as a writer (no desire to be an artist really just having fun with it). You aint wrong and its a part I need to put time and money into shortly. Appreciate you dude