Lil Wayne’s Full Interview With “Drink Champs”, Talks JAY-Z, Eminem, Young Thug, Favorite Mixtapes & Much More [Video]
Filmed earlier this month at the World Famous House Of Mac soul food restaurant in Miami, Noreaga and DJ EFN‘s 2 hour and 20 minutes interview with Lil Wayne for the latest episode of their “Drink Champs” podcast has now been released.
During their conversation, they spoke on numerous subjects that includes Weezy not knowing who TDE and Quality Control Music are, thinking 21 Savage is a group, why he moved to Miami, how he became a Blood gang member, a huge compliment from JAY-Z, and plenty more.
You can watch Tunechi, who was wearing a “Percocet” chain and drinking shots from his Bumbu rum, sit down with N.O.R.E. and EFN plus check out a list of what they chatted about after the jump below. Enjoy!
• Influence on the new generation of hip-hop.
• Venturing off into the rock genre for a bit.
• Betty Wright helped teach him how to play the guitar.
• Recalls creating his 10,000 Bars song/mixtape and says DJ Raj Smoove still has the ripped out pages from his notebook in his basement’s studio.
• His team NFL team Green Bay Packers and the Super Bowl.
• Moving to Miami after the shooting the “Shine” music video with Cash Money Millionaires.
• Skateboarding and learning to fall on a skateboard before learning to actually skate.
• Meeting JAY-Z and him trying to sign Young Money + Jay telling N.O.R.E. that he had to take a long walk after first hearing Wayne’s “Show Me What You Got” freestyle: “When he rapped on ‘Show Me What You Got’, I had to take a long walk and look at myself in the mirror. I said: ‘are you sure you still got this?'”
• JAY-Z told Beyonce to take a chance and put him on Destiny Child’s “Soldier” single.
• Staying with Cash Money Records when everyone else left.
• First deciding to go the mixtape route with his career.
• Producers that bring the best out of him.
• Not knowing who TDE and Quality Control Music are + thinking 21 Savage is a group.
• The Los Angeles Lakers.
• How he became a Blood gang member.
• Finding out he is 53% Nigerian from an ancestry website.
• His “How To Love” single.
• Receiving free gifts from Your Excellency in Saudi Arabia.
• Reveals his favorite mixtapes are Da Drought 3, No Ceilings, Dedication 4, Dedication 1, The Prefix, and one of the Sorry 4 The Wait tapes.
• Attending the Masters Tournament in golf.
• Why he thinks he got arrested in New York and revealed that he never had one tough day in Rikers Island.
• Confirms Cash Money Records were stopping him from putting out any music.
• Does not know why the Clipse beef started and shares his thoughts on Rick Ross putting him and Pusha on the same song.
• Creating the “bling bling” word.
• Does not know anything about Kanye West’s “Sunday Service”.
• Reveals he did not try and commit suicide when he shot himself at 12-years-old, but instead said it was just an accident.
• Bono from U2 being a fan of his music, how they kept missing each other at hotels they were staying in, and mentions they have an unreleased song together in the vault.
• His new album Funeral.
• The word “slime”.
• Young Thug and says they cleared the air with their differences.
Pic credit: DrainFlix.